International model, Andrej Pejic, announced via Entertainment Tonight and People magazine that she underwent sex reassignment surgery earlier this year. Now a trans woman, Pejic will go by the name A
International model, Andrej Pejic, announced via Entertainment Tonight and People magazine that she underwent sex reassignment surgery earlier this year. Now a trans woman, Pejic will go by the name Andreja.
After keeping transition secret for the past few months, Pejic wanted to come out publicly and be honest with the public.
"I want to share my story with the world because I think I have a social responsibility," the 22-year-old told People. “I hope that by being open about this, it becomes less of an issue.”
Pejic rose to fame thanks to her androgynous appeal and ability to model female fashion almost seamlessly. She earned international acclaim in 2011 after walking in both men and women’s fashion shows for Jean Paul-Gaultier during Paris Fashion Week. Pejic followed the runway walks with stunning covers on Dossier Journal, Out magazine and even landed on FHM’s annual 100 Sexiest Women in the World.
The gender-bending model work perplexed some but fascinated most — always leading to the question about her identity.
"For me it’s always been important to show it doesn’t matter what gender you are," Pejic told Out earlier this year. “It doesn’t define who you are. “
But despite all of her success as a male model, Pejic knew deep down that she was a woman. “I always dreamt of being a girl. One of my earliest memories is spinning around in my mom’s skirt trying to look like a ballerina.” In the same conversation with People, the model admits she has known her true gender since the age of 13.
In a message on Facebook, Pejic thanked her fans for their support and understanding. ”I think we all evolve as we get older and that’s normal but I like to think that my recent transition hasn’t made me into a different individual. Same person, no difference at all just a different sex,” she wrote.
Pejic also reached out to the youth community who might be questioning their identity with a message of hope:
"I would also like to to reach out to all young gender non-conforming youth out there: I know it’s hard, I’ve been there, but remember it’s your right to be accepted as what you identify with — you deserve the same respect as any other human being on this planet."
With her story out, Pejic can focus on her work as a model and budding actor. Following an appearance in David Bowie’s music video for “The Stars Are Out Tonight,” the model was cast in her first film role as one of Ariel’s sisters in Sofia Coppola’s adaptation of the Disney classic.
Note that her surgery isn’t what made her a trans woman, it was her choosing to identify as a trans woman that made her a trans woman. That’s all other than that rad
i’m obviously not anti-witchcraft considering that i’m a witch but i urge my wiccan followers to think about whether they want to be part of a religion/practice that supports this or not. there are many different practices that incorporate wiccan ideals without falling under the shady umbrella of “wicca”
a lot of people talk like capitalism is necessary to have innovation and I just think of all the brilliant and creative people I know who spend all of their time and energy worrying about how they’re going to have a roof over their heads and food to eat. capitalism doesn’t drive innovation, it stifles it and shackles it to the endlessly wasteful machinery of exploitation.
"The answer clearly isn’t economic: it’s moral and political. The ruling class has figured out that a happy and productive population with free time on their hands is a mortal danger (think of what started to happen when this even began to be approximated in the ‘60s). And, on the other hand, the feeling that work is a moral value in itself, and that anyone not willing to submit themselves to some kind of intense work discipline for most of their waking hours deserves nothing, is extraordinarily convenient for them."
How To Put On A Bra - Trans Girl Guide
Bras are kind of a tough thing that most of us don’t really have any education on operating. They can pose difficulties for anyone but it’s a lot harder with no one helping us to figure them out and with wider rib cages and larger shoulders that some of us have, which makes the clasps and the straps tough.
There’s a lot of types of bras out there (I apologize about the “belly dance bra” section, every single resource I keep pulling up has a mention of it) but most of them work very similar. There are a few exceptions, the adhesive bra requires some unpleasant frittering around, the bandeau bra is easy as cheese to just slip on and some of the bras (like the convertible) will add on a bunch of strap related stuff to the normal procedure.
I’m not going to get into the sexytiems bras like peephole and boobshelf because they pretty much work the same they’re just all kinds of naughty, etc
So first things first, get yourself fitted! And get a bra that fits if you can, resources are tight these days.
So you have your bra. How do you put this ridiculous boob machine on?
There’s two main methods for putting on a bra with a back clasp and straps and fairly standard cups (or nonstandard cups that still work the same, like push up bras, soft cup bras, underwire bras, etc)
1: Clasping Behind The Back Method! aka Hard Mode
This is by far the harder one to learn but it’s also the faster one. If you can pull it off, you’ll stretch your bra less and struggle a bit less to position it right because it will be lined up correctly from the beginning.
- Make sure your straps and bra are not twisted. Your three sets of clasps should be facing Outwardly and the single line of hooks on the other side of the bra should be facing inwardly. Usually the adjustment parts of the straps should be facing away from skin to avoid digging in. You can often tell from the way your cups are (if they look deformed they might be in the wrong direction) if your bra is backwards or twisted
- Put your arms through your straps so that the cups rest in front of your breasts and the bra’s band is before your underbust area with each side dangling by your sides (If your bra is strapless you can skip this step, just align the cups to your chest and hold your band ends behind you, this method is very hard with strapless bras so you may want to go to method 2)
- Reach behind your back holding each end of the band. Keep your fingers by the set of hook spots you want to hook your bra to. Generally you want to be using the middle line of hooks but if your bra is slightly too big, you’ll be going to the innermost hooks and if it’s slightly too tight (often our issue, with smaller breasts and larger ribs) you’ll be going to the outermost hooks
- Try to hook both (or all three, more rarely there’s a single hook and that’s easier) hooks into the clasps on the other side. You may have to hook a single hook at a time, use your fingers to remember where everything is. Don’t strain yourself, you can always move the hooks back over to it if your arms are getting tired. The bra will press against your breasts awkwardly at this point, unless you adjust your boobs partially into them before clasping (and you can it’s just harder)
- Once you’re hooked up, finish any adjustments you need. Make sure your boob is fully in the cup, the band is lined up right under your breasts, it’s in mid spot of your back and the straps are secure and not twisted.
2: The Twist Method! aka Easy Mode
- Just like the other method make sure your bra isn’t twisted up. Make sure your cups aren’t inside out and your hooks are lined up correctly. This method isn’t necessary for front hook bras since you can see and access the hooks and clasps easily
- Take your bra and wrap the band around your torso. The cups can be at your back or at your side, either way you want your hooks and clasps to be within sight and easy hand reach. The bra doesn’t need to align with the position of your breasts yet and the straps shouldn’t be on you (make sure they are out of the way of your body, falling to the side of the bra and you)
- Clasp your bra together, middle hooks if properly fitted, outermost hooks if the bra band is a little small on you, innermost hooks if the bra is a little big on you.
- Rotate the bra around your body, keeping the straps from getting tangled or stuck until your cups are right below your breasts and the clasp is at your back.
- Pull the bra upward and put your breasts into each cup. Run your arms through each strap (you may have to do this before pulling the bra up) and line them up on your shoulders. Make sure the bra is snugly fitted over you and nothing is tangled.
3: Special Considerations aka Other Bra Etc!
- Many strapless bras will have surfaces on them that cling to your skin and will be tighter to hold them to your breasts. Hooking them using method 1 is often better because these surfaces can actually hurt a little when twisting them around
- Convertible bras are easier to do with method one if you’re crossing the straps in the back
- Halter strap bras will generally need you to put the strap over the back of your neck before doing method 1 and will require you to pull the bra slightly higher than your breasts to get the halter over your head and neck for method 2
- Front closure or front clasp bras can be put on using method one, except backwards. You pull on the straps and pull the band against your back with the cups hanging in front, and then pull the cups over your breasts, clasp them and make sure everything is loaded right. They are the easy mode bra and I love them but they also pop open disastrously sometimes lmao
- Boob shelves in clothing usually just require you to put on the clothing and line up the bottom of the shelf with the bottom of your breasts, with you adjusting your breasts into position within the shelf for your ideal look (nipples lining up, no squish out)
- Push up bras are really no different except that they have a little extra padding in the bottom that pushes your breasts higher. Push up bras are awesome for small breasted girls though because it can allow you to “fill” a cup you wouldn’t normally fill. A very nice boost if you want it.
There’s a few bras I didn’t cover here (like the boobie hell that is adhesive bras) so I’ll reblog any additional notes people have <3
Khaled Juma, a Palestinian poet from Gaza. (via nowinexile)
Shark Island is a small island located off the coast of Nambia. It’s
the site where over hundred years ago the Germans held a concentration camp which was also known as “Death Island”. Shark Island Concentration Camp is something like other African tragedies that is
omitted from history
Over 10,000 African people from the Herero and Namaqua tribe were killed between 1905 to 1907. At the time Nambia was under the German empire, On the island, Germans used some of the same
methods they used on Jews on the Herero and Namaqua. Methods such as
torture, forced larbor, and went as far cracking the skulls of the
Herero and Namaqua. WIth the dead bodies, the Germans ran “Medical Investigation” on the Herero and Namaqua to see which was the inferior
race. Other methods of torture were rape and forcing the women to do hard labor after and kept them starved for many days at time. Its not
Ironic to me events like this committed to African go omitted but Jewish Holocaust “Never Forget” slogan is used.
This is the final Installment of SanCopha League White History,
where the Whites Lies were exposed, and omitted events that Europeans
were finally revealed for you see and learn from.
“Those who do not understand true PAIN can never understand true PEACE” ~ Pain
Maybe now you can understand our Pain
Post written By: @Oba_Tayo
Shark Island Concentration Camp.
This is what they omit in their textbooks and curriculum. Attempting to bury the truth.
Educate yourselves my people because they hate to see us with this knowledge.
Knowledge will always be power.
It reminds me of the “bike to work” movement. That is also portrayed as white, but in my city more than half of the people on bike are not white. I was once talking to a white activist who was photographing “bike commuters” and had only pictures of white people with the occasional “Black professional” I asked her why she didn’t photograph the delivery people, construction workers etc. … ie. the Black and [Latin@] and Asian people… and she mumbled something about trying to “improve the image of biking” then admitted that she didn’t really see them as part of the “green movement” since they “probably have no choice” –
I was so mad I wanted to quit working on the project she and I were collaborating on.
So, in the same way when people in a poor neighborhood grow food in their yards … it’s just being poor– but when white people do it they are saving the earth or something."
comment left on the Racialious blog post “Sustainable Food & Privilege: Why is Green always White (and Male and Upper-Class)” (via meggannn)
OKAY SO MAMA TITS IS MY NEW HERO!
Mama Tits, Seattle’s iconic tough as nails drag queen, confronted a group of anti-gay protesters attempting to disrupt the start of Seattle’s gay pride parade.
Mama Tits gave Seattle Gay Scene a breakdown of the confrontation:“I saw them coming up the road pre-Parade and looked at Sylvia and DonnaTella and said, ‘Ladies, let’s make a wall!’ Before I knew it, I was standing tits to nose with the leader guy on the megaphone. It felt like I had the strength of all the people who had ever been hurt by these people standing right behind be me giving me power! I was almost in auto-pilot mode from my days as a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence. I planted myself in his path and wouldn’t move. When he walked around me, I got back in front of him again and again.I stared him in the eyes and could see the pain in his eyes, I could see he was scared and he should have been. He tried to hit me with his sign, but like Bianca Del Rio says ‘Not Today, Satan!’
“I pushed his sign away from my face and hair, because you DO NOT TOUCH my hair. And, it was all I could do to NOT get violent, but I didn’t because once that happens, we all lose. They tried to surround me in an intimidation tactic, but let’s face it, I’m fucking HUGE and it didn’t work at all! The police came to me and asked to let them pass, and told me not to let them get me upset. I told the cops I wasn’t upset, but I WILL defend myself when assaulted, and they needed to remove them from our Parade. I then walked over and grabbed my mic and started to get the crowd involved. I wanted them to make so much joyful noise to drown out the hate… and, boy did they ever! The crowd made the walls rattle down on 4th and Pine!
“Shortly after I heard him quoting Leviticus, I just spouted back all the other parts he was leaving out to show how much of a hypocrite he was. It is always interesting how religious whack jobs misinterpret EVERYTHING in the Bible and bend it to their will to create HATE, when all they are doing is showing their ignorance. I yelled, ‘You have NO POWER here, be gone before someone drops a house on YOU!’ Once they were escorted off the parade route, I noticed how much it had affected me. I was trembling and on the verge of tears, because when people blindly hate and preach it in public like these people do, they have no regard for the people lives they are effecting.
“People take their lives because of HATE like this, people get KILLED because of HATE like this. I just want it all to stop! If the HATE mongers would put down their signs and open their minds and REPENT for their judgments, maybe then they too could find joy and happiness and be part of the fun, instead of being part of the Hell.”
I LOVE MAMA TITS
That is the look of DEATH.
This is a casting call for a paid role. Check below the “Read More” line for the actual casting call. Please help us spread the word!
Watching our own pilot, something became apparent. While our show has POC actors, all were of lighter complexion, and we hadn’t…
A few things about Israel you won’t see much of in mainstream media
- Israel forcibly sterilised Ethiopian immigrants
- Israel harvested the organs of dead Palestinians without consent
- Any mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map
- Israelis chanting ‘Death to Arabs’ (an extremely regular occurrence)
- Their top Rabbis signed a religious ruling forbidding renting homes to Palestinians/non-Jews
- 'Price tag' attacks by Israelis on churches, monasteries, mosques and graveyards (Christian and Muslim)
MCALLEN, TX — At least 60 advocates braved sauna-like conditions near the Texas border last Saturday to rally across the street from the McAllen Border Patrol Station, showing their support for the influx of unaccompanied Latin American children being apprehended there.
About 57,000 children, mostly from Central America, have been detained this fiscal year by Border Patrol agents, many in Texas’s Rio Grand Valley towns, like McAllen. Studies show that — at least since 2009 — children have been leaving the Central American countries of Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala in droves because of increasing violence and grinding poverty, taking dangerous journeys to the U.S. to seek refuge.
The rally, which was also an interfaith prayer vigil, was meant to counter hundreds of planned “anti-amnesty” protests across the country over the Obama administration’s handling of the surge. Only three people showed up nearby as part of the national anti-immigrant protests. They said they expected others to arrive, but also speculated they may have “gotten the wrong address.”
Attendees at the rally in support of the children brought messages of love, compassion, and sympathy for children for whom they feared a return to Latin America could mean certain death.
Some alluded to the tragic maltreatment of minors crossing the border, such as incidents where protestors have berated children as they are bused to processing centers.
The vigil included representatives from several religious traditions, including Catholics, Unitarians, Presbyterians, and Muslims. Faith groups have been at the forefront of efforts to offer relief to the unaccompanied minors, and Pope Francis recently called for the international community to work together to address the crisis. A regional atheist group was also present at the rally to express support for the kids.
The Helping Unaccompanied Minors and Alleviating National Emergency (HUMANE) Act, recently introduced by Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) and Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX), seeks to expedite the process of trying unaccompanied minors by making the federal government deport Central American children just as quickly as they already do with Mexican children. However, the act would deny many of these children the fair trial they deserve, and would probably only hurt those it claims to protect.
Some 2,000 people have died trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border over the past 10 years. That number could increase as more and more Central Americans flee horrific violence and poverty in their home countries.
Last week, New York-based web developer Josh Begley answered that question with the launch of “MetaData+,” an iPhone app that sends an alert to your phone every time the United States conducts a drone strike.
He created the app in 2012 under the original name Drones+, but Apple rejected the app five times, taking nearly two years for the app to be available to the public.
The App Review Board claimed that Begley’s app was “not useful or entertaining enough” and something that “many audiences would find objectionable.”
Begley even spoke with a representative from Apple on the phone, who said that if the app was about drones, it just wasn’t going to be approved. Finally, after he removed the word “drone” from both the name and the description, the app was accepted.
In addition to news articles pro-liberation posts will be featured in order to highlight their ideas.
For the well being of the admins, their identity remains private. However if for any reason you need to contact us, the message box is always open.